Wrap-Up: Foothill softball undefeated at Lincoln High School tournament

In their second tournament, the Lincoln High School Classic, the Foothill girls’ softball team won two games, beating both Grant High School with a final score of 12-1 and Lakeview Charter with a final score of 13-3.

In their first game against Grant High School, Coach Priscilla Rouse-Becker believed the girls understood the importance of “production from every spot in the lineup” and keeping runners “in scoring positions.”

Senior Monica Mendoza and freshman Jazmine Razo both. Mendoza hit two doubles and scored three runs. Razo scored twice, hit two singles, and had three runs batted in, which is when a player’s at bat results in a safe hit.

Freshman Jessica Mendoza led the team by hitting two singles, receiving two runs batted in, and scoring three runs. She was also the winning pitcher, pitching a no-hitter with two walks and four strikeouts in five innings.

In the second game of the day against Lakeview Charter, eight different players in the lineup had runs batted in.

Freshmen Jessica Mendoza and Jade Iannacone, along with senior Shelby Booker, each scored twice.

Razo was the leading pitcher of the second game, giving up only one hit and two walks. Razo threw five strikeouts in five innings.

“The pitching was all great all day and the offensive was great all the way through the lineup. [The] girls are working together as a team,” Coach Rouse-Becker said