Everyone loves ice cream, but unfortunately it’s not very healthy due to high sugar and fat content. This is an alternative to ice cream that’s still creamy and sweet; but it’s also much healthier because it is made from bananas and peanut butter, without added sugar. Try this recipe out and your body will thank you.
You will need:
about 3 frozen bananas
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
about ½ cup of milk
chocolate chips or cocoa powder
1. Put the frozen bananas in the blender, broken into pieces if possible.
2. Scoop the peanut butter into the blender
3. Add some milk to the blender (the less added, the thicker the “ice cream” will be).
4. Add any other flavors – chocolate, coconut, cinnamon – there are countless possibilites. Here is a list of even more options.
5. Blend until smooth, pour into a bowl, and enjoy.
Background Photo Credit: Jessie Snyder/The Foothill Dragon Press