Fidelity Ballmer

Fidelity Ballmer
FidelityBallmer
Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Fidelity Ballmer is a junior and editor of the News section for the Foothill Dragon Press. When she is not busy writing articles, she is usually practicing for the Speech and Debate team or planning activities for Girl Up, a club that she started with her friends as a sophomore. A studious student, Fidelity will be taking AP and Honors classes this year. If she were to describe herself in two adjectives, it would be “dedicated” and “interested,” as this is the mindset she applies to her academics and extracurriculars. Last year, Fidelity met with Congresswoman Julia Brownley through Girl Up to convince her to sign a bill called the Girls Count Act of 2013 to help girls in third world countries acquire birth certificates. Fidelity also applies this level of dedication to Speech and Debate, where she competes passionately and enjoys “being super in the zone.” She is close with her older brother and sister and considers them to be her support system.  Last year, Fidelity joined journalism because she wanted to “bring light to the world,” and preserve democracy, as stated in her AmEx blog. She has won recognition and awards for numerous articles covering topics such as cyberbullying and state testing, but she is most proud of her articles that served the community in a time of need, Former Foothill teacher Christ Prewitt struck fatally by car and Foothill teachers run “Mountains2Beach” marathon for Prewitt.

This year, Fidelity is looking forward to working with the News section, researching for investigative articles and reporting.