Johnathan Carriger

Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press
JonathanCarriger

Johnathan Carriger is currently a senior at Foothill Technology High School and so far he describes his experience of Foothill as a dream come true and could not have asked for any other high school experience. As summer came to an end, Carriger describes that it was filled with friends, his newly acquired job at Jersey Mike’s and art. One of his many passions, art, which has been a niche since 4th grade, and has been motivated immensely throughout his school career. Other hobbies he enjoys includes reading, drawing, slacklining, and dancing. In a year, Johnathan sees himself hopefully attending Boston University, living a stable life while studying forensic occurrences, the study of those who have passed away, and to one day be a medical examiner. He has been interested in being a doctor ever since he was 6 years old and was first intrigued by the human brain. When it comes to desserts, he enjoys creme brulee extensively. Johnathan’s most embarrassing story was during his 8th grade year, when he ran up to take part in an assembly featuring a dance crew, but ended up stealing the show, dancing all by himself, which led to a round of applause. His dancing career then was sparked even further during freshman year, which led to him enjoying dancing to jazz, hip hop, and further training. One thing many are unsure about when meeting Jonathan is a large scar on his right inner forearm, which was the result of surgery on his broken arm. Johnathan now looks forward to what journalism will bring and is optimistic about what the future holds.