Ela Yasa

ElaYasa
Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Ela Yasa is a sophomore at Foothill Technology High School and a second-year journalist for the Foothill Dragon Press. A devoted news reporter, she believes that journalism benefits the people by keeping them well-informed on all the truth, scandals, and events in the world. Besides journalism, Ela is also a part of the BioScience Academy, is taking all honors classes, and wishes to pursue a career in the medical or biotechology field. In her free time, she enjoys going on the internet, playing video games, listening to music, drawing, and hanging out with her friends. Ela is also very passionate about music and has played piano for 5 years; last year she earned the Level 10 Certificate of Merit (CM), which is the highest level of the CM possible. An interesting fact about Ela is that she was born in Turkey and immigrated to America near the end of fourth grade. She had already learned English in preschool. Ela is fluent in Turkish and is also currently taking Spanish 2 at Foothill. Ela is excited to be a part of the Foothill Dragon Press and looks forward to her second year of journalism.