Riley Knouse

Riley Knouse
RileyKnouse
Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Riley Knouse is a junior and second-year opinion writer for the Foothill Dragon Press. She found an interest in journalism as a freshman and after experiencing journalism, she has found an interest in opinion writing and presenting the different sides of an issue. Outside of journalism, Riley has been doing ballet for 11 years and enjoys the stage, feeling of content, and calmness she feels when she performs on stage. She is currently dancing at Oakley Ballet Center, and intends on making the most of her last two years of dancing. Riley also competes in Speech and Debate, which Riley feels as an exciting contrast to dance, because when she gets up to speak she feels truly terrified and excited. She also possesses a passionate love for baking, and hopes to one day make a living off of providing small pieces of happiness through the power of food. This year, Riley is looking forward to figuring out how she’s going to balance journalism, AP and honors classes, dance and Speech and Debate without sacrificing her sanity in the process, baking for her friends while using them as guinea pigs for new cupcake recipes, and pushing herself outside of her comfort zone and writing about new, controversial topics.