Sunset Flores

Sunset Flores
SunsetFlores
Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Returning as a staffer on the Dragon Press for her second year, Sunset Flores reminisces about her first impressions of journalism. “When they came into class and played the video, journalism just seemed like a really fun class to be involved in.” Sunset currently writes for the A&E section and her favorite articles to write are movie reviews because she says that, “you can really put your opinion in it.” Her favorite article that she has written so far is about the animated film “The Wind Rises” because she’s been a fan of the film’s director Hayao Miyazaki for a really long time and it was nice to write about something that she already enjoys. Being required to write multiple articles each month to keep the site up to date consequently transformed her ability to write. “I was never really a strong writer, but I knew being in journalism would help and it has helped a lot with my writing.” Aside from journalism, Sunset is also involved with a few clubs. She is a part of S.A.D.D, which stands for Students Against Destructive Decisions, as well as Straight Up. Both of these clubs are offered on Foothill’s campus and are primarily anti-drug and alcohol groups that educate students and parents about the dangers of participating in underage drug and alcohol use.