“Fantastic Eats with Q and E” is going vegan with this treat based upon a recipe from Elephantastic Vegan. In this edition, we will be baking vegan blueberry muffins with a lemon crumble topping. This delightful recipe is a scrumptious option for anyone that is trying to satisfy their sweet tooth. With easy directions, this creation can be completed in no time. Here are all the ingredients needed for both the muffin and the topping.
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sweetener (if you do not like the taste of sweetener you may use ⅓ cup of granulated sugar)
- ¼ baking soda
- ¾ baking powder
- A teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup of any non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (or more depending on what you like)
- One container of fresh blueberries or one bag of frozen blueberries.
Lemon crumble topping:
- About ⅓ of a vegan butter stick
- 1 ½ cup flour The amount of flour may vary depending on the consistency of your butter)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Lemon zest (the amount in use is dependent on if you want more of a lemony taste or not)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the muffin batter in a large bowl. This includes the flour, sweetener, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- After you finish mixing, incorporate the coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
- Next, use another bowl to make the topping by mixing all the ingredients together. Once mixed, you may want to crumble clumps by hand. If your mixture isn’t able to crumble include more flour into the bowl.
- Grab a muffin pan and place muffin cups inside. Begin to fill the wrappers until the batter reaches ¾ of the way. After the wrappers are filled, push blueberries into the batter and then crumble the topping onto the muffins.
- Place the pan into the oven for twenty minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
- Enjoy your vegan blueberry muffins!