Every month there will be a new edition of the channel, “Fantastic eats with Q and E.” there will be a recipe for you to try. This month is October and you know what that means: it’s time to get spooky. For this month’s recipe, we will be showing you how to create spider sugar cookies.
These cookies are just what you want to put a little “boo” onto your plate. Not only are they perfect for Halloween time but they also are cute and easy to make. Make these to celebrate the last day of October. Here are the directions to make this delicious treat and you can also view the video to see the steps and brand of ingredients if you desire:
- Gather your ingredients which include one to two rolls of pre made dough, one small package of Rolos, one package of candy eyes and one package of milk or dark chocolate chips.
- Read the cooking directions on the dough and set your oven to the temperature stated on the package.
- Gather one to two pans depending on your amount of dough.
- Unwrap the dough and cut half inch pieces until the end.
- Place dough on the pan(s) then place them in the oven and cook to the stated time on the package.
- Unpackage the Rolos and the candy eyes.
- Once the dough is fully cook and out of the oven, immediately place one Rolo into the center of the cookie.
- Place the two eyes in front of the Rolo.
- Fill a glass bowl or measuring cup with half a cup of chocolate chips.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave and cook until melted. Stir the chocolate occasionally in order to prevent the chocolate from sticking.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a frosting bag and cut the tip in order to allow a moderate amount of chocolate to leave the bag.
- Squeeze four lines on both sides of the Rolo on each cookie.
- Place the cookies on a plate and enjoy!